Yesterday was finally the exciting day on which I should go to my second Owl City concert. My last one was in October 2011, in Cologne as well (you can read more about it here), and I really didn't count on seeing him just 10 months later!
I was extremely excited and lots of amazing things happened yesterday, so I am still very thrilled when I think about it. In contrast to the last concert I met loads of nice people there. I've been in contact to them on twitter before so I was really looking forward to meet them. We were waiting in front of the venue for about 4 1/2 hours before we got inside and only about 8 people were there when I arrived. That was amazing! I've never been that early to a concert. While we waited there, Kerstin and I spotted Daniel Jorgensen a few times until we finally went over to him, and what can I say, he is just the kindest person ever! We talked for about 10 minutes about Cologne and tacos and his music, he was so thrilled that Kerstin had the physical copy of "All My Fountains Are In You" and that I bought it on iTunes. It was absolutely lovely talking to him! I also managed to give him my photo-letter-thing I intended to hand Adam. I was so excited that he would get and read it!
We got inside the venue at about 6.30pm and got places in the front row. We could actually touch all the equipment and sit on the stage! It was so hard to believe that soon, Adam would stand there and I could nearly touch him as I reached out. Sadly they put Breanne's and Adam's keyboards right in front of us after the support, but later on I was quite happy about that ;)
So, when Adam finally came on stage everybody freaked out and I died inside because he looked so good and was so close to us. I just couldn't believe it was him. I mean, how did we even deserve to be where he was? It was incredible.
I can't even choose which songs I liked best because "Umbrella Beach" and "Hello Seattle" blew me away while the new songs were just as awesome heard live. I have the feeling his voice got so much better, but for the rest he didn't change at all, he still had his corky dance moves and his endless gratitude torwards the audience.
If I had to choose which song was best, I would probably go for "Plant Life". Why? Because the keyboard which made full-length photos of him impossible, was now the only thing between us and Adam. He kind of sat right in front of me and I could look straight into his face which was a bit too good to be true :') And ... reversed, he could practically look straight into mine as well. Which kinda really happend. So I died in the second his eyes met mine and he smiled, my heart dropped and still I am sure I didn't imagine it. Maybe this may not sound like a story which leads to a mental-fan-breakdown, but when you think about the fact that Adam barely makes eye-contact to anyone and has his eyes closed for most of the time, it felt incredible when he looked directly at me. That was definitely the closest I ever get to him!
| "Plant Life" ♥ |
To sum up the show : It was really, really, really good. I loved the choice of the songs and the power he had, although I had the feeling he was not 100% in the mood for a concert and maybe a bit tired. I still think he made his best and I really enjoyed the concert from beginning to the end. I just wish it would have been longer!
As probably every other person there I hoped to get to meet before or after the show, but sadly that didn't happen. But I still don't lose my hope ; maybe I will meet him next time :-)
And what happened after the concert? I thought it couldn't get any better, but I tweeted him right after the show if he got the letter, logged off because my battery was nearly dead, logged back in because I am addicted to twitter and read that people were writing in caps to me about Adam tweeting me.
Yes, that's what happend. He read my awkward-I-hope-not-too-creepy-letter, saw the photo and took his time to thank me for it. So he obviously liked it and I was so happy to know it ended up where it should although I still can't realize he read what I wrote him. It's just so surreal!
Okay, last but not least I want to thank these wonderful people I met for this incredible night! I loved seeing you all in real life and I hope we would have had more time. But maybe we will see each other again someday! So lots of love goes to Kerstin, Deli, Nele, Christiane, Sophie and Lea! It was a perfect day. Thank you so much.
Oh, yeah, and Adam .. I love you. Okay bye. :)
Okay, last but not least I want to thank these wonderful people I met for this incredible night! I loved seeing you all in real life and I hope we would have had more time. But maybe we will see each other again someday! So lots of love goes to Kerstin, Deli, Nele, Christiane, Sophie and Lea! It was a perfect day. Thank you so much.
Oh, yeah, and Adam .. I love you. Okay bye. :)

Oh my goodness!!!! That sounds so amazing!!! :D I'm actually going to a concert in Frankfurt in October!! So I'm sooo excited for that!!! I hope I have half your good luck! ;D
ReplyDeleteI have All My Fountains Are In You as well. Isn't it just so beautiful? :)
Sorry I haven't been around here much lately. :(
You don't have to excuse yourself :) Raally, you're coming to Germany?? Wow, that is so cool! You must be so excited!! I am going to the concert in Amsterdam as well, in November. Can't believe it yet <3 Thank you :)
DeleteIt was definitely so awesome, and I loved to talk to Daniel! When you have your concert, you should go over to him as well. He is so nice to fans! His music is so beautiful! :)
OMG! Sounds like you had an amazing experience! That is truly awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I enjoyed it so much, it was so perfect :-) His shows are always so unique... still don't get how one person can be so awesome!
DeleteI went to the concert on July 9th and it was my first Owl City concert and I was blown away!!! It was just so amazing that I wanted to go again, so I bought tickets and now I'm going September 15th!And you got the front? Wow, thats awesome!!! AND HE REPLIED TO YOU!!!! YOU MUST'VE BEEN FREAKING OUT!! When he replied to me, I was screaming my head off !!I Sorry for the super long comment!!! I love your blog!
ReplyDelete- Kassy
Really? I can believe that, it's so mindblowing to see him live for the first time, but now I was even more fascinated because I had such a good place in the crowd. I enjoyed it so much! I am going to a another show as well in November and seriously can't wait. I wish you an awesome time at your concert in September! :) and thank you for your comment :3 I love to hear from people who actually read my stuff :)
Delete