Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Broken ships

Howth, Ireland, my photo

It's just another sleepless night
Where I'm lost between these sheets of mine
Without the tingling 'round my spine
Cause it died down, left me behind.
And all these pictures in my head,
Once vivid, happy, passion red
Are now just empty frames, so sad
Shattered, bursting of regret.

Broken words and fallen swords
We lost this war, I'm at my worst
All these things you left unspoken
They haunt me now, my heart, it's broken.
You planted flowers in my mind
Gave me colour, lit a light
You were the piece I couldn't find
Thought it was true, one of a kind
But all these things you made me feel
Oh, how I believed that they were real
But no, it was not meant to be
We were caged birds and never free
Like a broken ship without the sail
Bound to sink and bound to fail.

I guess someday, it'll be okay
With nothing left that I could say
Only memories and fading dreams
Of everything that could have been
They're just tearing holes inside my mind
That stare at me in the dead of night.



No comments:

Post a Comment