Do you know these really tiny wounds you can get when you cut your finger on a paper? You wouldn't even imagine that such a little cut can hurt so much, but it does. It can even hurt more than a scratch on your knee because you've fallen on it a thousand times, while your fingers are so much more sensitive to any kind of pain. Plus, when you get a bigger wound, you may not feel much pain at first. Your body protects you, it wants you to survive, it shots adrenaline through your veins so that you can still function, and your brain uses all sorts of techniques to suppress the pain.
But, you know, there is no such protection for small wounds. Small wounds won't kill you, most likely won't kill you, so there is no need for your body to build itself up against them. So you feel the pain.
What are you supposed to do when you have too many little wounds? Those really tiny ones. You think they are not a big deal, that you can deal with them, but actually they start hurting more and more and you don't even know what to do against them. Neither your body nor your mind protect you from these little stings you start to feel, with every word and every day that passes the little wounds increase. Is there even have enough band aid for them?
It is easier to fix the one big wound you have. It may be dangerous because you may not get over it, but there is a chance. The small wounds that come over time are much harder to fix, you'd have to heal them one by one. But sometimes there are just too many of them and all you do is feeling this pricking and stinging inside of you, almost as if you would carry real actual wounds beneath your chest. I'd nearly prefer that, you know. Prefer something a doctor could fix, a medicine could heal. To get told "Just get some rest and it will be okay in a few days". But no doctor can see these little wounds I talk about, you are the only person who knows the feeling in your stomach, the pressure on your chest when you think about the same things over and over again until you are tired from everything.
It's just too late, you know. There are too many wounds. Too much that hurts.
Maybe just too much that can't be fixed.

I can't get over how wonderful you are at writing. It makes me feel quite emotional really because I know exactly what you mean, I've felt these things too, but I could never express them so wonderfully. <3
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! It's sad hat you know that feeling though... it's sucks.. :/ But I am glad I could express something you've felt as well at some point, hope you're not like that anymore:)
ReplyDelete