Thursday, 13 June 2013

In The Sea


Somewhere in Galway, Ireland
In the dark I’m searching for words to say

But light, it seems, it never stays

Darkness keeps pushing me away

And keeping me locked.

//

I don’t know what there is to do

The water is high above our heads

And maybe there is no more storm to pass

Cause this was the last and we drowned.

//

It’s such a deep hole and it’s sucking us in

So that the feelings are crushed and hurt beneath our skin

And we know, when there is nothing we can change

The darkness won and we lost

Ourselves in the sea

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. why, thank you! It means a lot te me when you are saying that because I adore your poems!!

      Delete
    2. Ah, thanks! I would love to see more of your poems, because this one is AWESOME!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous poem, Meri! I'm always jealous at your ability to write poetry; you make it seem easy. :)
    Aside from being lovely, your poem is very relevant. I feel we've both been dealing with a lot of darkness and losing ourselves in the struggles we face, but I think there's also still plenty of hope. A boat is speeding towards us to save us from the deep waters of the sea and if we choose to take it, we'll be golden. Best of luck to you in these darker times and with your exams and such! Chin up, dear. I'm so proud of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you said that so beautifully! You sure can handle words pretty well too. It makes me sad that you can relate to it, but you hit the point in your comment. Also, again, very encouraging words, I don't even know what to say right now because you always leave me speechless with your kindness. I wish you all the best as well and someday the only thing we'll do is write happy things <3

      Delete