Sunday, 18 August 2013

Write it down

I miss writing.
I miss playing around with words, cuddling them up, arranging them so that they change the sense of a sentence, arouse a feeling or create pictures in front of our inner eyes. I miss this flow you get into when you just write and the ideas come to your, fly to you like pigeons you are feeding in the middle of a market place. It's easy and it's innocent, and it's freeing what was captured for a long time.

I didn't know what to write about for a long time. You know, the last months hast been extremely stressful. I've been really anxious about many things and probably I have never cried more than in the last time. It wasn't nice and it was nothing I'd write about - because who wants those depressing posts about how difficult everything is, and who wants to read sad poems all the time? Because writing those were kind of the only thing I did in the last couple of months when it came to writing.

But I figured I'll just write about writing. About how it makes you feel.
I just read an eassy I had to write years ago in school. We had to choose a book, write a summary and a characterization and things like that about it. I remember how much I enjoyed it - I chose the book "Dreamland" by Sarah Dessen, it was one of my favourite books back then. Reading the essay made me think of how much I miss writing things like that. I kind of wish someone came to me and sad "Here, write a 10 page characterization on the protagonist of this book" and then I could just dive into work and do it. Probably I'm not taking the right classes here, am I?
It also made me think how much I miss reading - obviously you will now think that I suck because who doesn't read? I used to read so much before I started uni, but now I am just spending all my time studying, watching YouTube videos, watching TV shows and being on the internet so that I barely ever read. Which is sad and which sucks. Luckily my Amazon wishlist contains a couple of books and I will definitely get some new ones when my exams are over.

I know this is all kind of random, but I hated abandoning my blog for such a long time eventhough I am not quite sure how many people even check it - but does it even matter? I never used to care how many followers I have on tumblr or on twitter or whatever, I was just doing what I liked. And here I am doing the same. As long as there are at least a couple of people reading my posts, I am a happy girl.

And I also had a really great idea how to push my blog and write more things, get myself into writing again, but it's not for now, because now I don't have the time. After exams I will fly to California for about 2 weeks and when I'm back, I'll be moving to a new place so it'll be a busy time. 
But when the new semester kicks off, I'll be back with this idea I had. So stay tuned for that :)

Now the break I took from studying became way too long and ending a post is such a difficult thing and I don't know what to write - so I'll just get a little personal and wish you, the person who was so nice and wonderful to read the whole thing, a very amazing day. I'll be back soon!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you came back! I've been waiting for this post. :)
    Sorry you'd felt so awful before; I know how it goes. I'm just glad you're in a better place now.
    Have fun in California and can't wait to hear more about this new idea! <3
    Also, love the description of writing you gave in your first paragraph! It's so accurate and very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone is glad that I'm "back" from the depths of uncreative existence! :D And I'm glad you liked the post :) Thank you so much! I really missed writing, oh my God.
      You should really stay tuned because more is coming! :)

      Delete
    2. Of course I'm glad!! Anyone who's ever read anything you've written would be glad as well I'm sure. :)
      Oh I definitely will! I can't wait for it to be unveiled

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're back too! :D I've missed reading your posts.
    I know what it's like when you're just too tired to read or write or anything. It's annoying, isn't it? But I very much look forward to finding out what this idea is, and I'm so jealous about your trip to California! Have an awesome time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you :) comments always make me so happy! Oh no, now everyone expects a really super amazing idea, haha, I don't know if it's THAT amazing but at least it will make me post more things!
      I'm also so stoked for California, thank you! Maybe you can go there on your next big world tour ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha! Well I've been blogging for two years and I still haven't come up with something to help me post more often, so yours must be pretty good! xD
      I hope so, if I do another!

      Delete