People, many people. Hilly streets with views on the bay. Ocean, beaches, pelicans and seagulls. Bridges and skyscrapers, monuments, squares, malls. Parks, palm trees, pine tress, redwood trees. Cable cars and busses and taxi's and our own rented car, a little roadtrip to Monterey, a 2-hour-drive from San Francisco. The Painted Ladies and The Golden Gate Bridge, Baker Beach with naked people and the fog in which the town likes to hide from time to time.
So much food, so much good food. Especially sea food. Und hamburgers. Oh, how I miss that food.
Walking through the city, trying to not look like a tourist, soaking in the sounds and looks and the chilly breeze and the sunshine.
Seeing my favourite band live for the second time - in a beautiful open air theatre with the best crowd and best atmosphere possible.
Driving down the Pacific Highway 1 along the westcoast. So much ocean. So much blue.
Just see by yourself, and if you ever end up having some money over - fly across the world to California.
 |
| How can you not love these houses? They are absolutely beautiful - called the Painted Ladies. |

 |
| Can you guess what's coming next? |
 |
| Yes, Lombard Street - So pretty with all the green and the cars wiggling down the hill. |
 |
| The first time I saw the Golden Gate Bridge. |
 |
| And the first time I saw the Pacific right in front of me. It's even more and ocean than the Atlantic because WAVES. So. Big. Waves. |
 |
| Gotta love the museums in San Francisco. I took this photo from the top of the De Young Museum, located in the Golden Gate Park. Doesn't it look like as if the streets just go up to heaven? The fog creates wonderful pictures. |
 |
| I still kind of love it most. It's so beautiful to drive over it and just see it in real life. |
 |
Also nice to see in real life - FUN.
BEST NIGHT EVER. |
 |
| Great place if you want to hike for hours. |
 |
| And I always thought my brother was tall. |
 |
| Monterey Bay Aquarium was AMAZING! Especially this little guy. And the sea otters. And penguins. And... |
 |
| I told ya, the waves. |
 |
| Can't actually tell you how many photos I took JUST to get the perfect wave. |
 |
| Carmel, not far from Monterey. If I end up being very rich, you'll find me here. |
 |
| I could have watched the ocean forever when we drove down Highway 1. |
 |
| Almost... L.A. |
Like ... I don't know. It was just stunning. Everything of it. There is so much to see, still, we could have been there for weeks, travelling around. Too bad we couldn't visit the Yosemite National Park because of the fires but I'll put that on my to-do-list for next time.
And by the way... if you happened to read one of my earlier posts, in which I told I had a little idea to spend more time on my blog - it'll start this week. So you'll hear from me very soon. :)
Gorgeous pictures, Meri! Such stunning sights to take in. It looks like you had a blast and I'm so glad you got that break after all the exams and such. :) Can't wait for this idea! Sounds very intriguing. (I'll be responding to your email soon, I've just been super busy!)
ReplyDeletehey, don't worry about that, just write me when you feel like it :) and thank you so much! It really was amazing.. I wish I could go back!! Hahaha oh my, this idea.. it's really not that special, but at least it's something :D hope you're doing well :)
DeleteI will soon, I promise! Probably tomorrow since I'll have some time then. :) Haha, that's how I always feel after an awesome vacation too. That Fun. concert looked amazing, by the way! I don't know them all that well but I've heard good things about their performances. Oh, I'm sure it'll be cool! I'm excited no matter what. :) I'm doing well, thanks! Finally getting used to this college thing and loving it.
DeleteYes, I read that one blog post of yours and you really seemed to be into it! That's so cool! And you really should give Fun. a listen, I just love them so much, it's probably not even healthy anymore :D they're fantastic. I'll write you back soon <3
DeleteOh my goodness, I'm so jealous! It looks like that trip was incredible, and your pictures are just awesome. :D I especially love the foggy ones. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, what camera do you use?
Thank you so much! It means a lot to me hearing that since you're so awesome at photography as well :o I have a Lumix dmc-fz45, it's not too special I guess, but I really like it! :)
DeleteAw, thanks! :) Your photos are really unique and have a sort of mystical ambience to them, the kind I'd love to be able to take. :) Ooh, I looked that up and it looks cool!
Delete