Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Appreciation post for my hiding place

Lots of things were going on in the last couple of days. Things which actually aren't very meaningful, but they still bother me, and so I now came to realize how much I love this little tiny space I have on my own, my little blog which is hidden in the depths of the internet. When I created it and wrote the description "It's quiet and cozy here, as I prefer it", I never would have tought how true these words would be. Because in online-worlds like twitter and tumblr there happen to be times were nothing is "quiet and cozy", and since I am a part of these worlds and happen to interact with other people there, I just find it kind of exhausting sometimes.
But when I am here, on my blog, I know that only a few people will read it where I'm totally fine with. Places which are full of people are messy and loud and sometimes you can get the feeling that no one really hears or sees you. You could stumble and fall and no one would care, maybe no one would even notice. I don't like those places, I can be in big cities or on parties for some time, but I guess I love my room most, or the forest or our garden. Places which are straightforward, places I'm used to.

So, actually I just wanted to appreciate this place I can call my own, call it more my own than my tumblr-page or my twitter-profile.  I really like it here and I appreciate everyone who reads my posts or writes comments. I don't even want to famous anywhere because the more famous a place gets the more messy it is. And I really prefer it quiet and cozy.




6 comments:

  1. Quite and cozy is best. :) I guess that's why I like blogging the better than the other online places. It's much more personal and comforting to share your thoughts in a place where there are only a few people.
    By the way, that's such a cute picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really came to realize that since all the Owl City fans are fighting against each other about the new EP and all, it's kinda freaky and exhausting. So thank you so much for always reading my stuff and commenting an all :)
      And the idea for the picture came very spontanously to my mind, glad you like it :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree. You're very welcome! :)
      Haha! I love stuffed animals. Especially bears. :)

      Delete
  2. That's how I feel about my blog! It's definitely cozy and it makes me feel safe and I love that very few people really take the time to read it and get to know me. And I love getting to know them. :) Your blog is amazingly beautiful and I'm so glad to get to know you on here! You're right, Twitter is a bit crazy. Especially with the new EP coming out, so it's nice to hide away on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that's what I was thinking, too! Although it's alway interesting to read other people's opinions and to write with them and stuff, it just can be .. annoying because you get the feeling that everyone is just talking against each other. Guess these days are efintely really turbulent for Hootowls, so much is going on right now.
      And thank you so much :) I know how you feel, it's so precious to find blogs you can relate to, so I'm so really glad you happen to like mine, and also happen to like me, because I absolutely feel the same about you :) It's crazy, and means a lot to me in this world of reblogging & retweeting:)

      Delete
    2. Yes! Everyone is shouting, but no one's being heard. Although I think all of the arguing over everything on Twitter has started to die down.
      You're welcome, but I really should be thanking you! I'm so glad you like me, that means so much! There's nothing I can say but same here, really. :D

      Delete