![]() |
| Times Square, NYC |
We’re running
around in circles, lost somewhere in space and sound staring into nowhere. No
direction seems appealing, everything is boring and grey and the music in our
ears is locked in our heads like the blurry thoughts drifting from side to
side, never even resting for a second or two. We’re just nothing more than
silhouettes and every face we see overwrites the memory we had of the last, in
the sea of people they look all the same.
But maybe
suddenly, between the swaying dry grass we see a face which catches our
attention, we look into eyes we’ve never seen before, eyes we don’t want to
forget or lose the next second. Our thoughts are on hold and we’re wondering,
who is this person here, where is he heading to in this place without a name?
We see those eyes and maybe a smile, but we are not sure because the world is a
funny place where things are never as they seem. Our head spins a web
like a spider around the daydream which flickers up, so innocent and new but
yet so often dreamt. We see these question marks twirling in front of us and we
wonder what would happen if we just jumped right into this
ocean of faces and swam through the arms and bodies like we would swim over
waves and water, just to put this person under our inner microscope and observe
its beauty like it was a rarely seen insect on a hidden island. But we know,
that maybe that’s true, maybe this is rare and a secret is waiting to be told
behind the curtains.
Before we know
what we are doing, before we can take a running jump into this crystal clear
adventure, so alluring and amazing at the same time, the bodies move closer and
the skies turn dark, and the two seconds which seemed like 2 hours and illuminated
the grey silhouettes rush away like speedboats, leaving us wet and cold at the
shore.
And so we’re standing
there, surprised that it’s over, surprised our daydream carried us too far to
leave it in time, locked us and held us steady in its damp hands. We are left
forever wondering what could have been, what we missed in these two seconds,
and what the head behind those eyes was thinking when they lost track of ours.
So we turn
away, we turn away and leave this place, go into our heads again and enter the
dream we had and the dreams we dreamt so often we knew them by heart, we hear
the music again and the see the faces. We’re all lost somewhere in this place,
and neither space nor sound can bring us back the eyes which made us feel found
for two seconds in a city without a name.

Alright, well now this is my favorite post of your's! Wow Meri. That is seriously I can say.
ReplyDeleteThis has definitely happened to me before. Day dreaming of a guy who makes me feel so good only to have him taken from me two seconds later.
Also in reality, this has happened. I see a guy whose face or eyes are so amazing and slightly familiar amidst all the other people milling about and I feel so much for him as our eyes meet. And two seconds later, he is gone and I'm left with a spinning head.
*_* Thank you! I seem to excel myself all the time, this is - weird :D But I'm so glad you like it, that's exactly what I meant. I wrote this text some weeks ago when I saw this guy while on a jog. It's such an awkward but magical moment which passes by so quickly. Happens to me quite often. Probably I like this mystery written between the lines of such a encounter, and I'm always wondering if I ever might have been somebody's mysterious 2-second-moment. Guess we'll never know..
DeleteYou're welcome! :D It really is an awkward, magical moment. I never end up saying anything and just staring very awkwardly. :) I've never thought of it that way before! I really hope I'm someone's two second moment. That would be amazing.
DeleteWow! interesting use of 'We'. I really enjoyed that :) Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you so much! I love to play a bit with different perspectives, I love that you noticed it :-) Soo happy you liked it! Thanks, I will try to, as long as people enjoy it I will definitely do my best!:)
DeleteThis is so awesome!!! :D You're such an incredible writer. The description of these two seconds is so captivating.
ReplyDeleteYou rule, my friend! :D
ASDHGJ thank you so very much *_* I never know what to saay here when I get compliments cause it's so boring to just write "Aw thank you glad you like it" :D I'm running out of options! But please believe me, I AM really super happy you like it and I really appreciate you so much!! :) THANKS.
DeleteHaha! You're very welcome!! :D And I'm glad I'm appreciated! :)
Delete