Sunday, 6 October 2013

50 Facts About Me

This is actually a thing I've seen a lot on YouTube, and together with the "Draw My Life" videos, I've always liked these most. I guess I find it just really interesting to get to know so many random things about other people because in real life, you barely get the chance for anything like that. But here you go! I really did my best to make it as interesting as possible so.. if you're interested - 50 facts about yours truly.

#1 Music, writing, daydreaming and running are the best ways for me to escape reality when I need to.
#2 I'm not good at talking, I've never been, I often confuse words and end up with a sdhgksahasdk and have to start the sentence from the beginning. Maybe it's because I think too much while I'm talking or just can't find the right words.
#3 I used to love horror movies and nights with my friends where we would just be curled up next to each other afraid of everything, but since I live alone I kinda turned into that person who is curled up and afraid just in general when she's at night in bed ;)
#4 My favourite birds are sea gulls (because I love the ocean) and flamingos (pink???)
#5 I always sleep with the end of my blanket tucked under my feet. Somehow I hate the feeling of the matras directly under them.
#6 If you really want to make me mad, don't text back. I hate it when people don't text back, even if I didn't write them anything that important. JUST TEXT BACK ALREADY
#7 My favourite scents are vanilla, lavender and passion fruit.
#8 Like most of my friends back then, I had my own little homepage when I was like 14, with random stuff about me and my friends. Of course, I also had my own myspace ;)
#9 I've become pretty obsessed with "beauty gurus" on YouTube. Since I watch their tutorials, videos about their favourite products etc, my  make up collection has doubled.
#10 Autumn is my favourite month - I like the colours of falling leaves, I love wrapping up in blankets and drink hot chocolate, light candles and I love rain - as long as I'm inside.
#11 Travelling is one of my favourite things to do. I've seen pretty much of Europe already and a bit of the USA. My highlights were Ireland, New York and San Francisco.
#12 Food. I love food. I could eat all the time. Let's not start this topic.
#13 Okay my favourite pizza has fresh tomatoes and feta cheese on it, sometimes rocket as well. And when I'm not that healthy, I'll just go for salami.
#14 I have a turtle! She's 14 years old and she's adorable, although, to be honest, I always wanted a dog or a cat or something fluffy you can cuddle...
#15 We also have an aquarium. Pretty everyone in my family is allergic to hairy pets ;(
#16 At the moment I'm living in my first own apartement. Well, it's more of a flat. A one-room flat. But it's cozy and I love it.
#17 I am pretty introverted. I never knew that until I read one of Adam's blog posts in February 2011. That's when I found out and it was kind of a huge deal for me.
#18 If you didn't know already - Adam Young from Owl City is still my biggest inspiration. His music has done a lot for me. Once I gave him a letter and he read it. I think that is enough.
#19 My most played song on iTunes is The Saltwater Room by Owl City - wait, it overtook Fireflies again?
#20 I find it hard to make friends. It hasn't always been like this, but growing up I found it difficult to talk to strangers, express myself and talk in groups.
#21 I will appreciate everyone who doesn't ask me about relationships.
#22 My favourite chocolate (okay, here I am talking about food again) might be the Oreo chocolate from Milka. Or anything with nuts.
#23 When I have my own house and a job and everything, the first thing I'll do is go and buy myself a dog. I'd love to have a dalmatian - not because of the movie, but because I loved one I used to know.
#24 Once I get attached to people, it's bad. I don't really know what to do about it, but I'm the kind of person who always has her "person" and I spend loads of effort on them, more than it is healthy sometimes.
#25 My first love was Robbie Williams. People from the US may not know him (or do they???), Europeans will. Well, I was 11 or something and I still think he's pretty attractive.
#26 I have a really good relationship with my mum. I love to spend time with her, we went to Ireland twice together and it was really amazing! I'm really looking forward to go on a another holiday with her.
#27 I don't like my own voice. No idea what to do about that.
#28 I'm the kind of person who hides under a blanket and doesn't talk to anyone when she's feeling down. I always hope someone is going to notice it when I'm sad because I usually don't go to people for help.
#29 My favourite band and greatest obsession of this year is FUN.. Their music has brought so much comfort and joy into my life that it just makes me happy. The best days ever where when I saw them live, twice. It was unbeatable.
#30 I don't mind doing things alone or being alone, but if I'm forced to because there is just no one around, I tend to feel very lonely.
#31 I am almost always on time and I hate it when people are not because usually I am the one who is standing somewhere waiting.
#32 My most-watched movie is probably the French movie Amélie. Normally I don't rewatch movies that often, but I've seen this one about 8 times (which is a lot for me).
#33 I've been keeping a diary on regular basis since I was 11. There's a big basket in our basement with probably about 10 diaries. These days I'm having one on my notebook.
#34 I always loved writing. I remember writing stories when I was about 8 years old, and I still love doing it although they never end up being that long - my longest is about 35 pages on Word.
#35 Someday I want to move to Ireland and live in a pretty house by the sea.
#36 I'm kind of self-deprecating (learning a new word here) - maybe because I tend to be insecure in social situations and often make jokes about myself.
#37 There isn't much music that I share with my friends. Usually I like to keep it treasured, for myself,  I feel that if I played them to someone and they didn't like it, they would say they don't like me - because that music is me. So no one here actually knows my favourite songs. That's about how important music is to me.
#38 I speak 5 languages - Finnish (my mother tongue), German, English, French (not that good anymore though..) and Dutch (meanwhile pretty fluently)
#39 My biggest scar is on my left forefinger - it's like a C that is turned around, with the round side to the knuckle. In summer camp, 8-year-old me was carving wood and kinda did it the wrong way, ending up cutting quite deep into my finger. Somehow I felt really cool though with the bandage around my hand when I went back to school. facepalm.
#40 I talk to myself a lot. To me it's just thinking out loud, but I really do it a bit too much. I also laugh a lot when I'm alone in my room, mostly about myself. Well, this is weird..
#41 If you love travelling, it comes in handy when you love flying as well - and I do! I love  planes and airports and the atmosphere of people coming and leaving. I've always loved it.
#42 I hate getting older. I still don't really feel as if I had anything in my life together and I always thought you'd be more mature as a 22-year old.. Lolno!!!
#43 Also, most people don't believe me I'm 22 because I look a lot younger. Like... 17? I don't know. Something like that, but it's annoying.
#44 I really want to learn Danish and go to Copenhagen once, that city is definitely in my holiday plans for next year.
#45 I am afraid of spiders. It's not a real phobia or anything, but I'd have a huge problem if a big one ended up here in my room where I live on my own. Don't know yet what I would do then actually.
#46 I never had a single broken bone. Horaay!
#47 A thing I really don't like to do is driving. I think I'm way too nervous for it, it took me many, many lessons until my teacher said I'm ready for the driving test, which I luckily passed right away. Anyhow, I still barely drive.
#49 Some songs that make me really, really sad, for one reason or another, are Kings Of Medicine by Placebo, Someone Like You by Adele, Stop The Clocks by The Donuts and The Warning Sign by Coldplay. I barely ever listen to them.
#50 Oh well, and also I'm kind of addicted to the internet - twitter, YouTube, tumblr... I spend hours on there and don't get people who only go to facebook because seriously... facebook?

SO. I finished. Not to believe. When I started with #1, I didn't think that I could be able to make up 49 more facts about me. It took me quite a while but it was fun, and seriously, if you really read all of them - seriously - then you are pretty amazing. You can leave a comment and tell me if you could relate to any of them! For the rest, this is just one post of my super BLOGtober!


8 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea. Do you mind if I borrow the idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Yes sure, feel free to do one yourself, I'd love to read it!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I think homework will have to wait until this list is finished! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I can relate to a lot of these, and the ones I couldn't relate to I found really interesting. I love hearing about other people's quirks. (...Is that creepy?) That's so cool about being able to speak 5 languages! Sometimes I feel like I can barely speak one. xD And The Saltwater Room is such a gorgeous song. *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, glad to hear you enjoyed it :) an no it's not creepy at all that you like to hear thise things about other people, I like that too. I remember you did something like that as well once on your blog or didn't you? haha and I get confused with all my languages instead :P

      Delete
    2. That's a relief! Haha :)
      Yes, I did! I didn't get anywhere near 50 though. xD
      Haha! I'm sure anyone who knew that many languages would though. It's amazing that you can write so beautifully in a language other than what you were born in.

      Delete
  4. So wish I could speak five languages! I didn't know that about you. :) I love this idea of sharing about yourself; it felt like I was really getting to know you even better and I love that. Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow that seems to be the most interesting fact here :D maybe we learn more languages in school here in Europe than you do in the US, and being bilingual is an extra plus too. I'd love to learn a 6th language just to exaggerate :D and happy tp hear you liked reading it :) hope you're doing well in school! :)

      Delete