As I already wrote in one of my 50 Facts About Me post, I really really really love Autumn. It's my favourite time of the year next to the Christmas time. There are just so many things that I absolutely adore about this cold season, especially as the couch potato that I am. Speaking about couch... that Holy Grail of mine will also be featured in this little slide show I put together to give you a good splash of autumn!
Only one thing is missing from this post, and that's some beautiful pictures of fallen leaves. But I find that the trees are not that coloured yet to be at their best for some photos, so I didn't take the effort to actually leave the house (!) for it. But because I am finding peace in photography lately, I might still do that and upload them here.
However, let's do this. I hope you all have a wonderful autumn :-)
 |
Words cannot quite express my love for these candles. I got them at Bath & Body Works, one of my absolute favourite shops in the US. I had heard a lot about them so it was a sure thing I'd get some when I got the chance. Well.. I ended up getting 4 of these huge candles and they are absolutely amazing! My favourite scent is "Nutmeg & Spice", a really full and sweet scent and I can't wait to burn it. But they are all pretty wonderful ( I mean, "Marshmellow Fireside"????) and I wish I could get them somewhere in Europe.
|
 |
| I've always been a tea lover, but this season it's getting a bit out of hand and it's the fault of these tea samplers I got here in Ghent. I love fruit and herbal teas most, and I love them sweet, and having some different flavours to choose from is even better. I've not tried them all but so far they taste amazing. And what's better than sitting with a cup of tea curled up on the couch?? |
 |
| Here another thing I got when I was in the states. TOMS are my favourite shoes ever, and these are knitted with a fluffy lining inside. They are so comfy and warm and a great alternative for the classic canvas ones when it's getting colder. You can also get these online in Europe, I believe. |
 |
| It's officially sweater-weather! Which is one thing why I love autumn so much. The fact you can layer lots of clothes as you please or just sink into your favourite cardigan or hoodie whenever you want is definitely something that makes me more comfortable as I need to actually leave the house ;) |
 |
| Haha, not sexy, not sexy at all, but ... so COMFORTABLE. I am always wearing these slippers when I'm at home because I always have cold feet, and these really help me to warm up these little ice cubes ;) And of course, don't forget the sweat pants! |
 |
| Here it is: My favourite place ever. I love that my new place is big enough for my couch which I had to leave at home when I first moved out, but now it's back and I am happy. The blanket is so warm and soft and maybe now you understand why going outside isn't my favourite thing to do these days! I also got the pillow cases from H&M Home recently to make my favourite place complete and give it some style, I absolutely adore them. |
 |
This is the view from my window - not very interesting, but the houses are actually pretty nice. Sitting inside on my couch listening to the sound of the rain on my window is so calming. Riding my bike through the rain isn't that calming, sadly, but for the rest, rain is one of my favourite things in autumn. As long as I stay inside :)
|
Okay, now you all probably think that I never leave the house and spend my days lying on the couch under my warm blanket in sweat pants and slippers with a cup of tea and my candles burning while watching outside into the rain and .... ops, well, you're right;) I'm sorry if I have to disappoint you but that is actually my life at the moment next to studying and.. I don't even see a reason to change that. (Especially if it includes leaving my couch).
This is so awesome!!! I LOVE the pictures, and your autumn style is beautiful. :) Autumn is my favourite time of year too, and it being spring here, you're making me miss it! Haha. Great post, once again! :D
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!!! Yes while writing this I remembered that you have spring now, this is such a weird thought..! But maybe spring is a bit more uplifting than autumn.. no matter how much I love it, it makes me so nostalgic!
DeleteYou're welcome! Haha, I know what you mean! Maybe that's because you have more time to reminisce when you're stuck indoors when it's raining. :)
DeleteAh autumn is so lovely and you've got everything to make it even better. :) I wish we were able to have candles in our dorms... Sweater Weather sounds like a great scent. This post makes me feel cozy just reading it and I love it.
ReplyDeleteThose scents are all soo great! I am jealous that you live in the US and can always go to that store, you probably know it, don't you? But at least no one will burn down the dorm by lighting a candle :D and glad to hear you like it :))
Delete