![]() |
| Taken in Killiney, Ireland |
There is this feeling. I have it right now. It's like wanting something so badly, but you somehow can't figure out what.
It's like ... a whole opening up inside of you. Some mysterious fog, cold and white around your body. A big question mark, someting dark and ... strange. And empty. In these moments I ask myself what's wrong with me. I ask : Why are you feeling like that? What made you feel like that?
Was I listening to a song that made me sad? Did I see a picture, did I read a post or did I have a thought that caused this feeling?
I am crawling though the dark searching for the answer. Sometimes I find it. But sometimes it's too foggy. Sometimes there are many things mixed up. Fears about the future knotted with missing someone from your past, waiting for a message from a friend, fretting about trivia, being tired and bored. All this coiled up to a nasty ball of undefinable material inside your stomach.
And instead of feeling like that you want something. Something that makes this feeling go away. Something more. Something to fill you up.
Something or someone?
Then I wonder if there's a person in this world who is exactly feeling like that right now. Somewhere in this world, sitting somewhere alone thinking about all these things. Like me.
But then I start feeling lonely and dismiss the thought.

There is someone else in the world, sitting alone at her computer, feeling the exact same way, hoping that one day both of us will be able to realise what this mysterious and saddening feeling is.
ReplyDeleteMe. Thankyou so much for this post.
I was actually sitting quite a time here thinking about what to respond because I can't tell you how comforting it is for me to know that there's someone out there who understands that. Even without really knowing me (although this blog reflects me quite well).
ReplyDeleteIt definitely takes the "lonely"-aspect out of this post! So I am thanking YOU for your comment.I appreciate it a lot.
I'm so glad I could make you feel better! It's very comforting for me, as well. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome, but it's me who should be thanking you again. :)